Ultraviolet water purification is the most effective method for disinfecting bacteria from the water. Ultraviolet (UV) rays penetrate harmful pathogens and destroy illness-causing microorganisms by attacking their genetic core (DNA).
The germicidal energy of ultraviolet light destroys illness-causing microorganisms by attacking the DNA at their genetic core. This eliminates the organisms' ability to reproduce, rendering them harmless. UV water purification systems eliminates 99.99% of the harm viruses and bacteria like E.coli can cause.
AKWT offer full range of UV system from smallest home use model to industrial level. Our UV finds application in following fields:
1. Waste water treatment
2. Drinking water treatment, &
3. Environmental containment treatment
Some of the advantages of our UV system are as follows:
- Effective – Destroys 99.99% of microorganisms
- Chemical free – no harmful chemicals need to be added
- Environmentally Friendly –Go green! UV is an environmentally friendly alternative to chlorine disinfection and has no disinfection byproducts
- Essentially trouble-free – once installed, annual service is usually all that is required
- Reliable – works night and day, 24/7, consistently keeping water safe
- Safe – no handling of chemicals
- Cost-Effective –only lamp & sleeve replaced annually
- Clean – no dirty parts to dispose of
- Quick Process – water flows through the system without need for holding tank or reaction times
- More effective than chlorine or chloramines– especially on some water borne cysts
- Low energy usage – low electrical needs
- FDA Approved – one of only 4 methods approved for disinfection by US Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Conserves water – The UV purification process does not waste any water
- Taste and odor – Chemical disinfection methods (such as chlorine) change the taste & odor of water and produce byproducts. UV does not.